Lobbying & Advocacy 101 - March 8, 2019
Location: IntegralOrg Offices - 900 - 105 12 Ave SE
Lobbying & Advocacy 101:Does your organization regularly advocate on behalf of your community? Do you regularly communicate with various levels of government? Recent changes in legislation may impact your organization! Join us for this interactive workshop to explore the application of lobbyist legislation and how recent policy and advocacy developments affect you. We’ll cover topics such as: ·
- The Canada Revenue Agency recently issued draft guidance document on Public Policy Dialogue and Development Activities (PPDDA)
- Highlights of the applicable Lobbying legislation
- Legal obligations for in-house or organization lobbyists
- What contact with government is considered lobbying?
- What is the lobbyist registry?
- When and why would our organization need to register?
- Who is exempt?
C. Yvonne Chenier, Q.C.: Yvonne is a lawyer and philanthropy consultant. As Board Chair of IntegralOrg, Yvonne brings 35 years of experience helping those in the philanthropic, not-for-profit and social enterprise sectors, acting as general legal counsel and advising on planning, organizational, regulatory and governance matters.